Information we collect. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or any attachments you may send us and any other information you may choose to provide. If you sign up for membership, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
How we use your information. We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website. Improve, personalise and expand our website;
- Understand and analyse how you use our website;
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Send you e-mails;
- Detect and prevent fraud.
Log Files. Digital Tories follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and this is part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of this information is the analysis of trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons. Like any other website, Digital Tories uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users’ experience by customising our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. You can find some more general information on cookies here.
GDPR Data Protection Rights. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe to be inaccurate. You also have the right to request that any information we hold that you believe is incomplete be supplemented with additional details.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the Internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Digital Tories does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will make our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
As we are a politically-aligned organisation, we may wish to detail specifics of that political affiliation from time to time.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, usage of personal information under GDPR or other enquiries, please contact us through the contact form.